- The translation shall be commissioned by assignment letter or equivalent contract where the fee, the terms of delivery and payment are specified.
- The translator shall have the possibility to examine the text to translate in advance. The customer should provide the translator with any available material on the subject-matter.
- The translator is responsible for the confidentiality of the client’s documents and their preservation while they are in his/her possession.
- For large amounts of work the translator is entitled to a small down-payment on the agreed fee. If unable to carry out an agreed translation owing to circumstances beyond his/her control, duly documented, the translator may relinquish the engagement without thereby incurring any legal liability.
- For commissions agreed and subsequently revoked, a cancellation penalty of 10% of the agreed fee shall be payable the translator. Any relevant translation work already carried out will be made available to the client and shall be paid for in full.
- Any complaint must be submitted not later than 30 days after the date of delivery.
General conditions suggested by the Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters (AITI).
554 total views, 2 views today